Int J Med Sci 2018; 15(12):1304-1311. doi:10.7150/ijms.25580
The Role of YB1 in Renal Cell Carcinoma Cell Adhesion
1. Department of Urology, The Second Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin Institute of Urology and Department of Microbiology, School of Medical Laboratory, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
2. Department of Clinical Laboratory, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300052, China
3. Research Center of Molecular Biology, Inner Mongolia Medical University, Hohhot 010059, China
4. Department of Genetics, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
5. School of Microelectronics, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
# These authors contribute equally to this work.
Background: Y-box binding protein 1 (YB1) is a multifunctional protein involved in many processes related to cancer progression and metastasis.
Methods: In this study, we constructed YB1 knockdown stable renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell line 786-0. The gene expression profile of 786-0 was performed by DNA microarray analysis to identify genes that were regulated by YB1. Real-time PCR and western blotting were used to test the genes and proteins expression. Transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) activity was detected by dual-luciferase reporter assay. Cell adhesion assay was used to determine RCC cell adhesion ability.
Results: Pathway analysis revealed that YB1 knockdown influenced cell adhesion molecules (CAMs). We further verified four genes (CLDN4, NRXN3, ITGB8, and VCAN) related to CAMs by real-time PCR, and confirmed that YB1 regulated the expression of ITGB8 in RCC. Functional assays demonstrated that knockdown of YB1 significantly inhibited the cell adhesion of 786-0 cells in vitro. In addition, YB1 affected TGF-β activation.
Conclusion: Our study demonstrated that YB1 modulated the adhesion ability of renal cell carcinoma cells by regulating ITGB8 and TGF-β.
Keywords: cell adhesion, ITGB8, renal cell carcinoma, YB1
Wang Y, Su J, Fu D, Wang Y, Chen Y, Chen R, Qin G, Zuo J, Yue D. The Role of YB1 in Renal Cell Carcinoma Cell Adhesion. Int J Med Sci 2018; 15(12):1304-1311. doi:10.7150/ijms.25580. Available from http://www.medsci.org/v15p1304.htm