Int J Med Sci 2016; 13(2):154-160. doi:10.7150/ijms.13649
Functional Role of FcγRIIB in the Regulation of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Function
1. Department of Respiratory, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China;
2. Department of Respiratory, The General Hospital of Shenyang Military, Shenyang, Liaoning, 110015, China;
3. Department of VIP Treatment, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China;
4. Department of Orthopedics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210000, China;
5. Department of Immunology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang310000, China;
6. Department of Respiratory, No. 1 People's Hospital of Yancheng, Yancheng, Jiangsu, 224000, China;
7. Department of Respiratory, The 174 Hospital, Xiamen, Fujian, 361000, China
8. Institute of Immunology, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, 200433, China
* These authors contributed equally to this study.
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) derived from bone marrow are plural-potent stem cells with immune regulatory functions. We aimed to evaluate role of FcγRIIB in the regulation of bone marrow-derived MSC function. MSCs were prepared from mouse bone marrow derived from wild-type (WT) or FcγRIIB-deficient (FcγRIIB-/-) mice. MSCs were co-cultured with bone marrow-derived dendritic cells (BMDCs), and BMDC maturation and function were evaluated by flow cytometric analysis and carboxyfluorescein succinimidyl ester-labeled OT-II T-cell addition. An acute asthma model was established by aeresol ovalbumin challenge in mice. Mice received WT or FcγRIIB-/- MSC therapy. Lung function was evaluated by histological examination and cytokine production measurement. mRNA and protein expression levels of target genes were examined by real-time quantitative polymerase chain reactionor western blotting. We found that MSCs derived from bone marrow exhibit a high level of FcγRIIB expression. FcγRIIB deficiency impaired the suppressive function of MSCs, as FcγRIIB deficiency efficiently reversed the inhibitory effect of MSCs on BMDC maturation and function. Additionally, FcγRIIB-/-MSCs were less potent at suppressing asthma in model mice, possibly through reduced expression of Smad2, Smad3, Cox-2, and prostaglandin E2 in FcγRIIB-/-MSCs. FcγRIIB might play an essential role in regulating the inhibitory effects of MSCs derived from bone marrow.
Keywords: mesenchymal stem cells, FcγRIIB, dendritic cell maturation, asthma.
Zhu T, Chen R, Li Z, Tian J, Deng C, Zhang X, Zhang K, Tong L, Yu Y, Bai C. Functional Role of FcγRIIB in the Regulation of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Function. Int J Med Sci 2016; 13(2):154-160. doi:10.7150/ijms.13649. Available from http://www.medsci.org/v13p0154.htm